Sooo...we've been looking at classic & muscle cars for a while now, just for fun. And even attended a cruise nigh or two, playing "name that car". Dreaming of a day when we had a 3-car garage with our own project car in it.
Then one day last fall, he found a "deal". It was in L.A., & he made plans to go down & see it with Brian. Mistake #1. Letting my man look at cars with another, car-crazed man. Then he started mapquesting banks & DMV's. Mistake #2: I should've cut the wires to the computer!
Long story short, Steve came home in a 1969 Buick Skylark that day. I complained at first, I think because it felt like that's what I was supposed to do! :P But . . . it has grown on me. Eventhough I lost my parking spot in the garage, it's turned out to be kind of a family thing. We plan out what we're going to do next to the car. What color we're going to paint it. The kids like to "help" Daddy work in the garage, and love going for a spin around the block. I'm not going to lie, it looks a bit creepy at the moment. But if you squint your eyes & have a little imagination, maybe someday it'll look like this:
We haven't taken a picture of what it looks like now. . . just picture this one, but with a regular hood, "vato"-style tires & rims, faded purple window tinting, & primer. (oh, & the inside needs to be finished too:)
On the bright side, it has a sweet roar & brings a smile to my hubby's face everytime he starts it up!

1 comment:
Hahaha! Yeah, you tricked me!! :) But, i LOVE the car!
Post a Comment