Even though these posts are really late, I can't help but fill in the blanks. It just seems weird to skip over the last 4 months, like those months were uneventful???
There were some cool things about this past summer. For one, it was my first taste of freedom from home school responsibility. I know it's customary for mom's of school kids to dread the summer time, kids home 24-7 & all. But to a homeschooling mom, that's the norm. So, summer for us is taking a well needed break. It's being free from the stress of 'falling behind' academically, or if you'll ever catch up with house chores like, ever? It is absolutely WoNdErFuL!
I was actually able to sew again! I made place mat purses, valances, & little Mermaid skirts for Sarina & her fav cousin (which they happily wore to the Little Mermaid Ballet :) We painted dandelions & grass in the school/craft/mommy's happy room. The kids spent many hours playing together quite well (which is music to my ears) And of course, the other normal things you do in the summertime... like, oh yeah- go to Girls CAMP! That, was totally AWEsome. Physically & emotionally exhausting- of course. But a very cool experience :o)
A well attended tea party!
No comments:
Post a Comment