Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I've Been Had!

I was shopping the other day & went to buy a refill container of foaming soap. When I was comparing prices, fluid ounces, scent, (gotta be that savvy shopper) I thought- why is this more expensive than regular soap? Isn't it just watered down soap anyways? Yes! All you have to do is add a couple TB's of regular soap, fill the rest with water, & gently shake it up. 

I always have extra body soaps & shower gels from past holiday gifts, so those finally get put to use.  And, I even re-use my old Dial container.  I have found however, that the creamy-looking, or highly moisturizing  soaps don't mix as well.  Stick with the regular clear stuff!

This made me smile today: finding yet another way to save a little money & recycle :)

2 comments:

Emily said...

Hee hee,.....so you made it to Bath & Body Works? Next time we stock up, I'll do this instead :) And I thought I was soooooo thrifty!

Ginny said...

Actually, I couldn't do it! Good thing B&B is kinda far away, otherwise I could see myself spending a bundle on fancy lotions & creams! :P