I've been meaning to post a summary of our new schooling adventure for some time... there's been so much on my mind! We have decided to see if homeschooling is a fit for our family. There's a multitude of reasons, some of them being: we would like to have a bigger influence on what & how our kids learn, have more time with our kids, and of course we're not keen on the current classroom sizes in public schools.
I could go on, but I have plenty more posts to catch up on!
So on our first day of school, one of the things we did was paint a set of pots centered around the "Very Hungry Caterpillar" book. We divided their favorite story into three main parts, painting each on a pot. It took a while, but we covered reading comprehension, fine motor skills, & counting all in one fun lesson! And best of all, both kiddos loved it :)
1 comment:
I didn't know that you were going to/thinking about homeschool! I am too! Any thougts you want to share on it?
Post a Comment